- Grade II Listed Georgian-Baroque Style Property
- Five Bedrooms
- Over Five Storeys
- Rear Yard With Parking For Several Vehicles
- Potential for Conversion to HMO or Flats (STPP)
- Period Features Including
Phillip Mann Estate Agents are delighted to offer for sale this unique Grade II listed five bedroom Georgian baroque style property which offers flexible living accommodation or investment potential and viewings come highly recommended. This former bank is for sale as a fully-converted, five-storey, five bedroom mansion house. Built 1899-1900, Westminster House spent the first half of the last century as the London & County Bank, Newhaven, before becoming the National Westminster Bank, then finally starting its conversion into a home a decade ago. Westminster House is situated on the corner of High Street and Bridge Street. Originally built in the style of Christopher Wren, the striking ground floor elevations are composed of Bath and York stone and still display the London & County coat of arms and night safe. The upper red brick storeys feature Wren-like concrete floral wreaths and sliding sash windows. Large gravelled and gated yard at rear with astro-turf garden and parking for six to seven vehicles. The side yard is also gravelled and gated and planning has been granted for an expansive roof terrace. Inside, all ceilings are restored to original heights. The internal accommodation includes five double bedrooms, study, kitchen/living room, expansive 70ft ground floor reception room, bathroom, shower room, four WC's (eight toilets in total). The basement vault and strong-room has original steel doors (used as a gym). The property has plenty of investment and conversion potential as an 8-10 bedroom HMO (subject to permissions), there are three entrances to the property therefore easy to divide with two front entrances: one on High Street; one on Bridge Street (historically having two postcodes). The upper floors were previously seperate flats having the former harbour master living on the top floor. This imposing house has been named the 'landmark building of Newhaven' and dubbed 'Chataeu Newhaven' by local planning committee.